Please note, below is the process used for placement in the 7th/8th Grade Ensembles:
1) May 17th, students completed retention slips that informed Mr. Ostrow if they intend to take band next year and if they wanted to be in jazz band, percussion ensemble, or even double on another instrument.
2) May 18-19th, students were individually addressed with Mr. Ostrow to verify student intentions and expectations/criteria to be placed in certain ensembles. Students were asked if they were ok not having P.E. if they wanted to be in two music classes.
3) May 22-25th, students were scored on their exam through the performance of scales. Students that were auditioning to play saxophone, to double on another instrument, or to be placed in the advanced band or jazz ensemble performed the most scales. All students received two minutes to perform their scales using this rubric.
4) Students were scored in order of ability and placed in each ensemble based on instrumentation needs. In this way, all parts of the music to be performed would be covered. The class lists are now posted below.
5) In an effort to inform the students of the rosters after their band exams, which were on the last four days this year, the students were asked to check the website and sign up for Remind.